Lead Locksmith/Door Technician
Be the largest part of the engine that helps make the world safer one door at a time!
The Flying Locksmiths is a national physical security company with 90 locations nationwide. With stable hours, a family environment and highly competitive pay, TFL is the number one commercial locksmith company in the country.
As an industry leader, we’re looking for dedicated, passionate individuals looking to broaden their skillsets and work in the fast-evolving world of physical security.
Your role is pivotal, and your job is critical to securing the assets of commercial customers.
Why The Flying Locksmiths?
We’re a family-owned company through and through, who everyday strive to practice our core values of honesty, integrity, courtesy, and fairness in everything we do by solving our customer’s most dangerous problems.
The Commitment: We focus on ensuring prompt, courteous, and professional customer service. Our core value is customer service.
The History: TFL is a 70-year-old locksmith business, founded in Boston. A World War II Veteran and pilot started the company in 1946, and subsequently handed down to his sons.
The Competitive Advantage: We only focus on businesses and understand the urgency of their needs. We draw on centuries of combined industry experience and cutting-edge software to fulfill our customer’s needs.
- Respond to a daily schedule of service calls consisting of installation and maintenance of traditional lock systems, card access systems, door services, and CCTV systems for customers/businesses of national service contracts (commercial accounts) and residential needs.
Scheduled calls will also consist of providing estimates/bids to existing and potential customers.
Working with management to invoice and manage part orders and inventory needed for jobs.
- Ability to perform standard emergency work orders, for commercial clients only.
- Ability to install, repair and maintain Commercial and Residential hardware.
- Safe and Card Access experience is a Huge Plus
- Ability to install, repair and maintain panic hardware and exit devices
- Ability to modify hardware for locks.
- Ability to create and maintain master key systems.
- Residential & Commercial Lock re-keying/ Perform Pining of locks.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to trouble-shoot with a variety of variables in situations.
- Ability to clean, maintain, adjust, calibrate & service equipment used.
- Ability to read operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers & commercial clients.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to cut keys by code.
- Automatic door experience a big plus
- ALOA Certification and or AAADM Certification or any other trade applicable certifications desirable. Please list these in your resume and application.
- Provide a high level of timely & accurate customer service.
- Communicates effectively with the client to determine what services are needed.
- Respond to general inquiries from customers/clients.
- Receive verbal instructions from Management or Clients/Customers.
- Perform small projects as directed by Management.
- Complete and submit paperwork accurately and on time.
- Must be able to fluently understand, speak and write English.
- Ability to push, pull and lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to kneel, crouch and stoop
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and pull.
- Ability to climb a ladder and work above ground
- Withstand external weather conditions year round.
Subject to a criminal background check and a review of driving record.
We offer Great benefits including: Work Van that can be used to travel to and from work, Gas, iPhone, Tools, Uniforms, Competitive Salary and vacation time. We also offer additional overtime for emergency service work.
Work with business professionals, who will treat you with courtesy and respect, while you work side by side to deliver quality service. You handle the locksmithing, they handle the administration!
You Must have at least 3 years of locksmith and/or access control and/or door industry experience to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications