Join Our Family
Great people, rewarding work, room for growth!
If you are an experienced locksmith, join us and become a part of something truly special! We are the first commercial focused locksmith franchise in the United States and we are growing rapidly, across the country. Our locksmiths are skilled tradesmen, focused on commercial work. From exit devices, to door closers, card access systems and full door replacements, we do it all.
If it’s on the door, we handle it!
Joining the TFL team, means you will be tapped into a network of 50+ experienced locksmiths, who can help you troubleshoot and problem solve, while on any job site! From Boston to California, our team has seen it, fixed it and know the best way to resolve virtually any issue.
You will work closely with business-minded men and women, not “lock shop owners”. These men and women know how to work with you, in order to bring a level of sophistication that is severely lacking in the locksmith industry. You will be rewarded for jobs done well and get the opportunity to advance with a company that appreciates hard work and dedication.
Why The Flying Locksmiths?
- The Mission: The mission of The Flying Locksmiths is to be the #1 national commercial locksmith service company, to all organizations – large and small. We strive to maximize the customer experience by leveraging our deep knowledge base, constantly evolving into new technologies, and practicing our core values of honesty, integrity, courtesy, and fairness in everything we do.
- The Commitment: We focus on ensuring prompt, courteous, and professional customer service.
- The History: TFL is a 70-year-old locksmith business, founded in Boston, Massachusetts. William McMenimon, a World War II Veteran and Pilot, started the company in 1946, and subsequently handed it down to his sons. They, along with the third generation, now run the company with a synergistic combination of old world locksmith experience and new world technology.
- The Competitive Advantage: Customer service! We only focus on commercial locksmithing and understand the urgency of their needs. We also draw on over 100 years of locksmith experience and a broad nationwide network of locksmiths and their industry knowledge. This means we can problem solve quickly and effectively, while adhering to the customer service standards that commercial entities expect. We utilize proprietary technology to ensure quick and accurate service, and electronic billing.
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Brand new service vans, that can be used to travel to and from work
- Fuel/Gas cards
- New iPhone/iPad
- New hand tools and locksmith specific tools
- New uniforms (including shirts, hats, jackets and sweatshirts)
- Competitive Salaries
- Vacation time
Salary: $30,000 – $50,000/year
- Ability to perform emergency work orders for commercial clients only. Our locksmiths are not required to make residential and automotive calls after normal working hours
- Ability to install, repair, and maintain Commercial and Residential hardware
- Safe and Card Access experience is a not necessary but a huge plus
- Ability to install, repair and maintain Access Control Hardware
- Ability to modify, repair and install door hardware
- Ability to pin master key systems
- Residential & Commercial lock re-keying
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to trouble-shoot hardware and make recommendations/estimates on proper repairs and replacements
- Ability to clean, maintain, adjust, calibrate & service equipment used
- Ability to read operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information to customers & commercial clients
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to cut keys by code
- Provide a high level of timely & accurate customer service
- Communicate effectively with the client to determine what services are needed
- Respond to general inquiries from customers/clients, while on a job site
We are also accepting applications for locksmith apprentices, as well as admin/sales positions!